Monday, May 23, 2011

Training Grounds

Crikey! I didn't think gaining access to stairwells of 'scrapers would be so difficult. I suppose living in a post 9/11 world, security measures are high all over the place. I didn't even attempt to get into the really tall buildings this weekend, just some of the mid level ones. Security guards at the front desk, mostly locked doors on the perimeter. I expected to run into road blocks in the bigger buildings, just not 20 & 30 story ones.

No worries, I have other ideas. For one, I could just try and climb during the week, when access is easier. I also happen to work in one of the tallest buildings in Atlanta, so there is always the "home course". I just wanted to explore some of the other buildings first.

I'd like to climb once a week at a minimum. I already have a full running/training schedule, so this will be an add-on. Ideally, I'd like to find a couple of like minded tower-runners, have a smallish group to train with during the climb.

Now, just need to figure out how to gain access to some of the Big Boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment